Author, Lynn Maslen Kertell explains how to use this set
Many early readers contain words that are too difficult for a child who has just learned the sounds of the alphabet. Not these books! Using only the letters M, A, T and S, children can read their first book. Kids love the stories and funny pictures, and can’t wait to read them to everybody they know.
This is our bestselling first reader, introduced 35 years ago and used by millions of children. If your child knows the alphabet, Bob Books Set 1 is the book to start him or her on the path to reading.
- 12 easy-to-read books, 12 pages each
- Consistent sounds. All letters (except Q) introduced gradually in this set.
- Books with only two and three letter words
- All words can be “sounded out” (phonics based)
- Each book introduces a few new letters
- Limited sight words
- 7 to 20 words per book