Author, Lynn Maslen Kertell explains how to use this set
Three letter words in rhyming word families focus on consistent short vowel practice.
Rhyming make reading easier and more fun for kids that are just getting started. When rhyming words are included in a story, they make sounding out (decoding) easier. Kids have reading success sooner and faster, build confidence, and they have fun too. Bob Books Rhyming Words is a great next step after Bob Books Set 1.
- 10 easy-to-read, hilarious small books, 12 pages each
- Suitable for the very beginning reader, with mostly two and three letter words
- Phonics based – words can be sounded out
- Our rhyming words have endings that are spelled the same (no rhyming kite with light)
- Rhyming words are interspersed throughout, so the story is told in a conversational tone
- 40 word-family puzzle cards for fun rhyming words games
AN – Dan’s Plan, AM – Cam’s Snack, EN – The Hen in the Den, ED – The Red Sled, IP – Drip, Drip, Drip, IN – Lin in the Bin, OG – The Dog in the Fog, OT – The Spot, UFF – In a Huff, UG – Bug and Pug